Monday, November 7, 2011

A Reindeer and his Scarf

You know how people look at something someone has made by hand and they say "I could do that..." My comment is always "Yes... but do you?" I'm one of those people that likes to look at how someone has done something and then go off and see if I can do it. I've done it with cakes and desserts for a long time, and now I'm doing it with paper.

I saw a great card using the Nordic Noel stamp set from a•muse | studio that I coincidentally had received in the mail last week. It was the greatest reindeer wearing a scarf. I couldn't figure out exactly how to do the card and thought on it for a few days. Tonight my brain kicked in and I worked it out. I love it when all the brain cells finally decide to talk to each other!!!


Can you figure out how I did it? I have no idea if I did it the same way as the original designer, but it looks the same and I'm in LOVE with this card. I've made several Christmas cards in the last few weeks and this one could be a contender for the DeGarmo Family Christmas Card this year.


Recipe: All supplies from a•muse | studio
Cardstock: cranberry, candy stripe, wasabi, and sugar
Stamps: reindeer from Nordic Noel, sentiment from Essential Sentiments
Ink: cranberry and french roast
Embellishments: holiday washi tape and lime stitched grosgrain ribbon
All supplies from this card are available here

Thanks for stopping by to check out my little moment of being proud of myself! If you would like to make this card at a workshop or camp stamp, let me know!

Have a great week!
Devon

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute idea! Nice layout! Love your Washi tape!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves feedback! Show a little love if you like what you see!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...