Friday, October 21, 2011

With Sympathy

It's never easy to lose someone. We lost my dad almost 13 years ago this coming Christmas. One of the things that got me and my mom through the whole thing was hearing stories people told about Dad and what an amazing man he was. Making a sympathy card can be a daunting task. I think sympathy cards should be understated and simple. Remember, it's the message that you send inside that comforts the receiver.

This card, made with supplies from my consultant kit, was originally designed as a birthday card. It didn't seem bright and cheery enough for that, so I thought it would make a lovely sympathy card.


I made a few changes, including doing a little heat embossing with clear embossing power. I love heat embossing! It gives such texture to your work and looks so professional. Plus... it's just fun to watch that stuff melt!

Recipe: All A•Muse Studio Products
Paper: French Roast, Fern, Bermuda, Sugar
Ribbon: French Roast stitched grograin
Ink: Versamark and French Roast
Other: Clear embossing powder

Can it really be Friday already? My weeks seem to be flying by... Christmas will be here before I know it. I'm going to start getting prepared now. I'm going to hit the Book Fair at school to send gifts to the kiddos in our lives. I've already got some cute ones picked out for a couple of sweet little girls in Seattle! 

Have a great day!
Devon



No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone loves feedback! Show a little love if you like what you see!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...