Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Elegant

When I think a•muse, I mostly think cute! They have got some of the most fun and whimsical stamps ever. But their floral stamps and many of their sentiments are just so elegant. I love the combination of the sky blue and french roast paper on this card. And the little twinkles just bring it all together! I can see using this card for all different kinds of reasons... thank  you's, sympathy, missing you... many different possibilities!

I also got to try something I haven't done much of with stamping. I used a little finger tip sponge dauber to color the flower and the stem. I know this is something I'm going to try with many other stamps. I also read a great tip in the A Muse lounge. When you're stamping an image like this, place a clean, un-inked stamp on each side of the stem. It will help to stabilize the stamp and keep you from applying to much pressure resulting in the "smooshed" effect. Yep... smooshed. It's a technical stamper's word, dontcha' know?

I hope you like what I'm showing! If you see anything you just can't live without, stop by my open house on November 5th and 6th from 2:00 - 4:00 for some Christmas cards and cookies. Or, click on the a•muse | studio business card at the top of my blog to visit my online a•muse store!

Recipe: All a•muse | studio products
Paper: Sky, Sugar, French Roast
Ink: French Roast and Sky
Stamps: Beautiful Botanicals, Essential Sentiments
Embellishments: Clear twinkle stickers

Happy Stamping!
Devon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone loves feedback! Show a little love if you like what you see!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...