Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hellooooooo!!!! I'm baaaaaaccckkkk!!!

Wow! Happy Valentine's Day everyone... or to all 2 people who might actually see this! Ha! Life has been unbearably nuts and busy and so NOT crafty for me for months now. I don't know where all my time goes, or why I never get to my table anymore. I did manage to knock out 60 handmade Christmas cards in December and actually send them out! I'll post a picture at the bottom of this post.

Today I woke up and realized it was Valentine's Day! (oops!) and I had no cards for the three men in my life. So I decided it was time to reacquaint myself with a trimmer, paper, and adhesive. I had an idea in my head from one of Kristina Werner's Make A Card Monday videos from last year and decided to get at it. Since I haven't had much mojo of my own, thank goodness for Kristina's videos. Besides the fact that I just LOVE her style, I bought the punch I used because of her and I think it's about time it punched out some pretty paper!

So... here are the Valentine's Day cards I made today... Yes... some people will be receiving this a tad bit late, but hey... I'm a busy working mommy! What can ya' do, right? :)






These cards were so much fun to make, and SOOOOOOOO easy! Make a standard card with craft cardstock from Papertrey Ink, use the scallop border punch from Fiskars, and punch patterned paper with the EK Success punch Heart to Heart. (I think this punch is only sold through Stampin' Up! because I can't find it at Two Peas.) A little detail with my Uniball Signo white ink pen and voila! I made 10 in all in about an hour. I just love that We R Memory Keepers Heart Attack pattern paper. I had so many options with the hearts, since the pattern paper is double sided. Yum! Nothing better than beautiful double sided paper!

Anyway.... A huge thanks, as always, to Kritina Werner! I love, love, LOVE her blog and videos. Never miss a one!

Oh yeah... here's the card I made for Christmas. Had to be pretty simple because I was making a bunch and it was a busy, busy, busy time of the year!


This was a fun little card to make. I think that's BoBunny paper and then I used stamps from Papertrey Ink's Holiday Button Bits collection. So much fun and so creative! Of course I just love to use buttons on everything, so these Button Bits collections incorporate all those fun buttons into stamping as well! Whoopee!!!

Quick story about the picture... it was the weekend after Thanksgiving and my mom was visiting. We decided to make a quick trip up to North Pole, Alaska to see the "real" Santa Claus. I figured this might be the last year that the boys still believe. What a road trip! Snowed like crazy on our way up and on our way home. I hope that one day they'll remember what their parents went through to make sure they have great experiences! He really was a fantastic Santa and there were reindeer and everything outside.

Since this is my first post since almost November, I'm going to throw a question out there into the blogosphere... What do you do when you just feel you've lost your mojo? How do you get it back? I do know that one of my problems in clutter. When my table is a total mess, I don't feel like I can get started on anything. But if I don't want to clean up the table, then I get nothing accomplished! Anyway... what do you do to kick start your mojo??? Let me know!

Happy Valentine's Day blog peeps!

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back and I hope you find your mojo. Maybe its out there with mine. LOL Love the cute cards you made for Valentines day. And your Christmas cards are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I think the holidays take everyone's MoJo away! I'm just getting back into it myself! I love your cards they are just adorable! So happy looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Valentine's cards... I just love the look of craft paper. As for the Mojo - when you find the secret, please let me know. Mine left with my x-mas cards as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards. I've just found your blog and its fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves feedback! Show a little love if you like what you see!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...