Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Clean and Simple Card Making - Day 3

I am on a ROLL!!! I feel like the overly ambitious student who gets all their homework done before the deadline... Yes, I am the Hermione of the Clean and Simple Card Making class! Day 3 begins tomorrow, but I've already got a card and I'm going to publish it tonight. What the heck? It's close to midnight anyway...

For day three, Jennifer McGuire showed two cards that she used die cuts on, which she layered to add dimension to the card. Julie Ebersole showed us how she used Pinterest (one of the reasons why I get to bed so late some nights) for inspiration. I used both of their ideas in ONE card! (I'm feeling kind of cool.) Here is what I came up with:


I've noticed that lately I've been pinning a lot of things on Pinterest involving hearts, rainbows, and clouds, so that's where I drew my inspiration from for this card. There is not one actual stamp involved in this card, because I couldn't find a sentiment that went with what was swirling around in my brain. I kept thinking of "Showering you with Love" and the hearts as the rain rather than drops. So I used my printer to generate the sentiment and cut it in a banner just like Jennifer did on her sample card.


To give the clouds dimension, I layered three of the small clouds on top of each other  and then put those on top of just one of the larger clouds. I like this technique, because then I'm not looking at dimensional adhesive when I see the card from the side. It almost looks like I've cut the clouds out of white chip board. The hearts have dimension since they have been die cut from felt. 

Recipe:
Card stock: a•muse | studio - sugar and sky
Embellishments: a•muse | studio felt, Twinery bakers twine in Marachino Cherry, random felt from my stash
Sentiment: computer generated
Tools: a•muse | studio dies - heart trio, cloud duo

Have a wonderful Wednesday stampers!
Devon

8 comments:

  1. Devon, this is totally gorgeous! Love hearts and rainbows together in one place, perfect! I love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Such great colors with the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card - you get an A!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Thank you for this great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My name is Jasmine Charles , I am 9 years old , I just wanted to tell you that this is the cutest thing I have ever seen

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves feedback! Show a little love if you like what you see!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...