Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Welcome ~ Color Inspiration #54

It feels so good to be back at my table so often. I am getting quite the stash of cards! This card is for the color challenge at Kristina Werner's blog. Her challenges really get me going, but I have to work fairly hard at them, because I don't have any Stampin' Up papers. I dig and dig through my stash to find things that come close.





I have quite a few friends on the verge of giving birth to baby boys, so I know this will come in handy quite soon. Hope you like it! I didn't use a sketch and I moved a bit out of my comfort zone for this one.

Recipe: Cardstock is from my stash
Patterned paper: CTMH from the Emporium collection
Stamp: CTMH In The Wild
Ink: CTMH Autumn Terracotta (this is the closest I could get to SU's pumpkin)
Rub-Ons: CTMH Love Letters in White Daisy
Letters: American Crafts Thickers - Subway foam letter stickers
Ribbon: Offray
Coloring Medium: Grass is colored with Copic Sketch markers YG03 and YG06, blue shadow is Prismacolor Light Cerulean Blue

12 comments:

  1. So cute! That lion is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Love the white rub-ons on the darker card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! And great for a baby boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I really like the popping letters. Check out my blog for your blog award :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun lion and great letters! Fabulous job on the color combo!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cute Devon! Can't be easy when you don't have SU colours at your fingertips but it looks like you have some gorgeous things in your craft stash! Thanks for visiting my blog too - yes it'd be great if you lived here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH! tha minute I saw this card, I knew it was CTMH supplies....I love them and I love your card... HUGS...SK :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute Welcome Baby card! Love the bold colors the lion was stamped with!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really great, gotta love those thickers, I have a passion for them...
    hugs
    Enfys xx

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves feedback! Show a little love if you like what you see!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...